Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Planning a Lunch Ride...

Yesterday I knew I wanted to go for a ride on lunch. I just felt like a ride and not a run as it seems has been my choice most days lately. I was not sure which loop I wanted to do. I decided that I wanted to do this loop based on just a feel for a "road ride".

I had ridden in on a mix of road, gravel trail, and very little singletrack on the Cross bike. This gave me the options of pretty much riding any surface on lunch but I just wanted to push out on the road. The ride was good but I just wanted to go further. I want to plan a longer ride today but with fixed length lunches I am not sure it is a good idea. Paul was able to do a decent job of keeping a strong pace on his Fixie but noted some leg stress on certain sections of the ride.This had me spinning slowly (recovering) and waiting up a bit. I think it's time to convince him to get a CX or Road bike for longer faster lunch loops. I think today I will stretch it out a couple KM's but keep it within the 1 hour including prep and shower time...

Anyway babbling on about nothing... I'm out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

egggman's Zazzle