Monday, June 25, 2012

A week of challenges, food and fun...

Started to post this last week and got caught up in life and it was left with only photos and a title... The last couple weeks saw a couple of new challenges for me. Challenge one was highlighted in my last post (Mi first road century). It wag good times but already talked about at end so on I move.

Saw an acquaintance's FB profile pic of a ridiculous burger contest in town and wanted to try it. Thursday (week before last) my wife asked if I wanted to go there for dinner. The guy in who tried it and posted to FB had failed to finish the beast BTW.

 So we went over to Mel's Diner and I toyed with the idea of the challenge. A 3 pound burger with all the trimmings on what seems to be a loaf of bread (I generally don't eat bread or buns on my burgers except after a long ride/race. I went to town on the burger and in just under the allotted hour it was complete. I was not the owner of a big t-shirt that tells me I can eat a whole lot of food... All in all good times and no requirement of food for a couple days...
Next was Tour de Creemore, a ride I was doing with a friend who is training for LeTape Du Tour stage 11 - Albertville. The 100km would have been my longest ever road ride had I not decided to do Tour de Grand on a whim the Sunday before. It did however have a challenge built into it. Scenic Caves road up the Blue Mountain was like nothing I have climbed before. Like most things in life and cycling though it only hurt until 5 minutes after it was over.
It was a great ride and a beautiful day on the bike. Hard to believe his coach had him ride 78km to the start line of the ride and then an additional 2 hour ride later in the day.Good luck in France Willie!!


That's it for now... I'm out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

egggman's Zazzle